Thursday, January 15, 2009

1969 She's Too Much for My Mirror / My Human Gets Me Blues (Amougies Festival, Belgium)

October 28, 1969
Amougies Festival, Belgium

Don Van Vliet / Captain Beefheart - vocals
Bill Harkleroad / Zoot Horn Rollo - guitar
Mark Boston / Rockette Morton - bass guitar
Victor Hayden / The Mascara Snake - bass clarinet
Jeff Bruchell - drums, percussion

Frank Zappa joined the band in a jam but that is after this clip has ended.
More info here



She's Too Much For My Mirror
Spoken: "Here you would have a famous version of 'She's Too Much For My Mirror'. Note the clever slight. 'She's Too Much For My, Or Anybody's, Mirror, number 2'. Told ya."

She's too much for my mirror
She almost make me lose it
The way she abuse it make me never wanna use it
Well mend yer heart 'n mind yer soul

Ole Chicago she's uh woman thata
Make uh young man uh bum
She howl like the wind
Make m' heart grow cold
Make me long for that little red fum!

She makes things fly 'n she makes things roll
She got me way over here 'n I'm hungry 'n cold
I remember m' mother told me I oughta be choosey
That was way back when I thought she was m' friend
Now I find out she's uh floosey

I remember the butterflies 'n the sweet smell uh corn
'n the bubblin' fish in that lil' pond
Oooh, Lousey! Oooh, Lousey!
How I long for you
How I long for you
She's too much for my mirror
That little floosey oh how I fear her
Oooh, Lousey!

Spoken: "Shit I don't know how I'm gonna get that in there."


My Human Gets Me Blues
I saw yuh baby dancin' in your x-ray gingham dress
I knew you were under duress
I knew you were under yer dress
Just keep comin' Jesus
Your the best dressed
You look dandy in the sky but you don't scare me
Cause I got you here in my eye
In this lifetime you got m'humangetsmeblues
With yer jaw hangin' slack n' yer hair's curlin'
Like an ole navy fork stickin' in the sunset
The way you were dancin' I knew you'd never come back
You were strainin' t' keep yer
Old black cracked patent shoes
In this lifetime you got m'humangetsmeblues
Well the way you'd been ole lady
I could see the fear in yer windows
Under yer furry crawlin' brow
Uh silver bow rings up in inches
You were afraid you'd be the devils red wife
But it's alright God dug yer dance
'n would have you young 'n in his harum
Dress you the way he wants cause he never had uh doll
Cause everybody made him uh boy
'n God didn't think t' ask his preference
You can bring yer dress 'n yer favorite dog
'n yer husbands cane
'n yer old spotted dog
Cause in this lifetime
You've got m'humangetsmeblues


Lyrics from Home Page Replica


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sites we like (not Beefheart related) Baby names and their meaning, origin and namesakes Crazy Celebrity Baby Names Overgang.no - helse, overgangsalder, menopause Change of Life - women's health, menopause, hot flashes